Saturday, August 30, 2008

Poor Babies





This picture inspired many ideas for practical jokes I could play on my homeschooling chums and family members but in the end I wasn't witty enough to use it to it's potential.

My guys enjoyed their 2 minutes on a school bus during our city's recent "Touch a Truck" event featuring real live trucks. Big trucks, little trucks, garbage truck, ambulance, police car (not actually a truck), and of course, the aformentioned school bus (also not a truck). The favorite I think was the moving truck. What made it special was the heaps of bubble wrap inside. They were swimming in the stuff. Now that is a 6-year-old's dream come true isn't it?

But back to my precious little boys on that school bus. Our home is on the corner that also fucntions as the school bus stop. Those children are on that bus while Bug and Bear are still playing with Legos in their pajamas - and they aren't late sleepers, nor do they stay in their pajamas all day. The bus drops them off around 4:00 p.m.Kids in 1st grade are in school from 9:00 - 3:25. That is just too stinkin' long. Now, I am not afraid to make the boys work hard and put in a full day. Our schedule goes from 8:45 - 4:00. But there are meals and quiet time and read alouds and outside playtime and chores and snuggle time and mommy kissing a boo-boo time all mixed in with those hours of school work. I know the kids at the government schools have recess and lunch and all that jazz. But who kisses their boo-boos? Now I'm just ranting, so I will leave it at that. Poor babies. Mostly I wanted an excuse to post that cute photo.

1 comment:

grace4cyn said...

it's time to update your blog. I would love to see updated pics of your boys... ;-)

miss you!